Monday, June 24, 2013

Who am I?

I am young.
I am not stupid.

I am a woman.
I am not docile.

I am a social worker (ok student. But I lack just a few short months!).
I am not a Democrat.

I am a Christian
I do not conform to the doctrine of a specific church.

I question things. I have doubts. I do not automatically believe all people have good intentions.
I do not believe this makes me cynical.

I believe that if God can save me, He can save anyone.
However, some portion of the person (no matter how small) has to want to be saved.

I am a reader and a thinker. I love to see the beauty in things. But being able to see the beauty doesn't mean that I am not painfully aware of the darkness.

I am saved.
I am not perfect.

I am learning, growing, and changing all the time.
This does not mean you have permission to try to change me.

I respect other people's rights to be who they are.
I do not have to respect people who deliberately hurt others, or who repeatedly hurt others and do not even stop to think about what they are doing.

I believe we are all human and we all fall short of the glory of God.
I do not believe this means that we should simply do whatever feels good.

I love to write and express myself.
I despise being told what I have to write. I write from the heart and my heart does not follow instructions easily... (remember the stubbornness mentioned yesterday?)

But above all of this, I am a beloved child of God. And nothing can ever change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment