Thursday, July 4, 2013

Poem from Mercy 2010

I was reorganizing some things in my room this morning and found a poem a dear friend wrote while we were at Mercy Ministries together. She got there exactly one week after I did, so we were there together almost the entire time. I hope this speaks to my Mercy sisters as well as anyone who is struggling. God is the Great Physician. Blessings and peace to you all today and every day!


Dear Sister,
We never thought this day would come
When we’d walk through these doors
And be greeted with love.

Mercy was a dream
This place wasn't real
Our hope was fading
Would we ever be healed?

I know when I say
The next stanza or two
That we’ll all agree
We don’t know how we got through

As kids we were free
To dream and to play
We all had a vision
Of where we’d be today

But somewhere along the pathway of life
These dreams were soon shattered
And our lives turned to strife

We looked at the world
And saw nothing but lies
And thought “That’s what I need to just stay alive.”

We hurt our own bodies
To cope with the pain
To cry we felt weak
But to live was in vain

I know that we’ve laid
Upon our beds at night
Pleading with God
To just end our life

The doctors and nurses
Gave us some meds
Collected their money
And many of them said

You’ll always be sad
You’ll always be sick
If you want to get better
You need lots of money and quick!

But now we can say
We’re sorry, you’re wrong!
‘Cuz now we are free
In Christ we are strong!


Our saving grace
Died on a cross
He paid for our sins
So we’d no longer be lost

You see my dear sister
We’ve finally found love
Not just in Mercy
But Christ up above

No matter the sin
He loves you the same
His love is unending
He’s taken our shame

He is the answer
When the world tells us no
Our lives are now His
In Him we are whole!





No comments:

Post a Comment